couchdb-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Alexander Shorin <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 1.6.0-rc.3
Date Thu, 01 May 2014 23:13:52 GMT
On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 12:22 AM, Dirkjan Ochtman <> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 10:40 PM, Dave Cottlehuber <> wrote:
>> reading between the lines,  are we aborting rc.3 as a result of these
>> last 2 issues?
> Yes! Sorry for not being more explicit about it, but all of the test
> failures seen soon after starting the vote on this made me feel iffy
> about it. It looks like Alexander is currently making solid progress
> on fixing those (though help from others is always welcome!), so I
> hope I'll have an rc.4 soonish.

Hi Dirkjan,

here is the status update: etap tests 231 and 200 were fixed on 1.6.x.
The only issue left for replicator tests against R14B01.
As for R14B01 issue I can provide the fix right now, but it's not
very...correct. So the question is pretty simple: when you plan and
will have a time to cut 1.6.0-rc4? If this will happens tomorrow so I
have no reasons to hold the release. If I have day or two, I'd like to
continue investigations to make fix more correct.

Also, seems we have Erlang 17 support in master now...not single shot
was made, but looks like it build now correct. I wonder if it worth to
pick this fix to 1.6.x? Since Erlang 17 is already in Gentoo, Debian,
OSX and CouchDB 1.7 will be released only in June or July (hope no
more 1986-like issues will happens for us) - so I think this is actual
question for now.


View raw message