couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Wenk <andyw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Code of Conduct & Diversity Statement draft needs your feedback!
Date Sun, 18 May 2014 14:27:25 GMT
Hi Joan,

thanks a lot. I have read the post the first time and it is really awesome.
It is very clear and I think also non-native English speaking folks can
understand everything.

The only thing I stumbled a bit upon was "Be empathetic, welcoming,
friendly and patient:" - here empathetic. The German translation is
"einf├╝hlsam". I personally would not use this word for a behaviour I expect
in a technical project. I would use it in a community where I discuss very
personal things like how I can have a better life or how to be a better
partner. Maybe others have this feeling also. It's a bit too much "power
flower" for me.

Regarding the endnotes and explanation why this word is used, I would
change it to

"Be respectful, welcoming, friendly and patient:"

But finally it is NOT a blocker for me also.

I will read everything again later.

Thanks again :)

Cheers

Andy