couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Wenk <andyw...@apache.org>
Subject What is the best gem to use in Rails for communicating with CouchDB
Date Wed, 28 May 2014 10:22:47 GMT
Hi all,

we are starting a big application based on Ruby on Rails. We are
using Percona XtraDB Cluster (
http://www.percona.com/software/percona-xtradb-cluster) as the main
database. Besides that, we have a lot of "static" data. I want to use
CouchDB to store these data and am now wondering, which is the best way to
communicate with CouchDB from the Rails application.

We (the community) learned, that communicating with CouchDB in a
ActiveRecord manner is simply wrong (CouchDB & Ruby: You're Doing It Wrong
by Tim Anglade -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEMfvCqVL4E).

gems I know but use AR (afaik):

https://github.com/langalex/couch_potato
https://github.com/phifty/couchmodel