couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Franck Eyraud <franck+couchd...@nospam.yrnm.net>
Subject Re: Proposal for new feature: Auto Update Functions
Date Sat, 31 May 2014 12:34:57 GMT
Le 30/05/2014 13:04, Dirkjan Ochtman a écrit :
> On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 12:57 PM, Suraj Kumar <suraj.kumar@inmobi.com> wrote:
>> What are your thoughts, both from the use-case as well as
>> internals/performance of CouchDB about this?
> How is this different from document update handlers?
Update handlers must be called by the client to be used. Auto update
functions would be called even if the client directly POST/PUT a doc to
the DB (so they would be mandatory).

At first sight a good idea, it seems to me that auto update functions
would cause problem during replication : the replicated doc might be
different from the original one.

Franck