couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Joan Touzet <jo...@lrtw.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Remove Logs module from Fauxton
Date Fri, 23 May 2014 18:44:45 GMT
Hi all,

I am also +1 on this. It would be a "nice to have" to restore logging
functionality after the merge, but as the present work is in an
unfinished and unusable state, it would be unfair to users to push this
out.

-Joan

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Kowalski" <rok@kowalski.gd>
To: dev@couchdb.apache.org
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2014 1:13:25 PM
Subject: Re: [DISCUSSION] Remove Logs module from Fauxton

As the BigCouch merge is right around the corner, I am +1 on closing the
tickets for the log component (so people that want to contribute do not
spent time on a component which gets removed in a few weeks). This also
includes not to add features for the log component that do not have a
ticket.

Also +1 on removing the logs component now, but just if we have to support
it with/after 2.0, which would be the case if we do a LTS release. We would
have to maintain a special snowflake then.