couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Joan Touzet <>
Subject Re: [REQUES] Review proposed bylaws (Was: Re: [DISCUSS] Project bylaws)
Date Wed, 21 May 2014 19:54:35 GMT
On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 09:47:29PM +0200, Noah Slater wrote:
> On 12 May 2014 08:40, Joan Touzet <> wrote:
> >   - For the PMC Chair term, we should clarify whether consecutive means "more than
2 in a row" (unlike the US President) and whether that is calendar year, fiscal year, etc.
> This seems like a quirk of the US constitution. To me, consecutive is
> unbounded. We could keep re-electing the same Chair over and over. Do
> you have a suggested wording? I can't think of anythign that isn't
> clunky.

Let it stand, not important enough to change.

> Calendar year and fiscal year are both 12 months, right? Not sure it
> makes a difference. What we really mean here is 12 months. Should we
> replace "year" with "12 months" to be clear on this point?

Replace year with "12 months".

[on vetos]
> This was hard to fix, but I replaced the top part of this section with:

Looks good to me, except:

> Is this right? Are we using CTR for the master branches of our repos?

I didn't think we were, I thought the commit was always on a branch,
then there was a review, and the outcome of the review resulted in a
merge to master. But I have been out of the loop on where we ended up;
much of that discussion predates my return to active status.

> I've added a new section, 2.6 Board of Directors:

Fantastic, thank you.

Joan Touzet | | wohali everywhere else

View raw message