couchdb-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From ASF IRC Bot <asf...@urd.zones.apache.org>
Subject Summary of IRC Meeting in #couchdb-meeting
Date Wed, 21 May 2014 19:31:40 GMT
Summary of IRC Meeting in #couchdb-meeting at Wed May 21 19:02:45 2014:

Attendees: Wohali, awenkhh, Kxepal, robertkowalski, chewbranca, rnewson

- Preface
- 1.6 release
- big couch merge status
  - Action: everyone to continue help with build and testing bigcouch branch (1843-feature-bigcouch)
  - Action: Kxepal to raise question about LTS release with api and features deprecation against
2.x branch
- CouchDB Meetup Hamburg
  - Link: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/103656875572948787245
  - Link: https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/c1ertkfs9dkin7s9vtlgu9bfr8k
  - Link: https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/c8vu4a1n8b6aj27e0q1349kog74


IRC log follows:

## Preface ##
## 1.6 release ##
[Wed May 21 19:03:14 2014] <Kxepal>: no new issues was found during rc voting. SHIP
IT!
[Wed May 21 19:03:32 2014] <robertkowalski>: bad heisenbug is bad, but it seems to be
old.
[Wed May 21 19:03:33 2014] <Wohali>: \o/
[Wed May 21 19:04:01 2014] <Kxepal>: don't worry, for 1.7 we'll kill all heisenbugs
(:
## big couch merge status ##
[Wed May 21 19:05:03 2014] <Wohali>: fyi we are waiting on djc to do the release, he
is away this wk
[Wed May 21 19:05:13 2014] <Wohali>: rnewson: do you want to give the merge update?
[Wed May 21 19:05:17 2014] <Kxepal>: hey rnewson chewbranca! how is merge going? any
news for today?
[Wed May 21 19:05:37 2014] <chewbranca>: coming along well
[Wed May 21 19:05:50 2014] <chewbranca>: we've been working on getting the test suites
up and running
[Wed May 21 19:06:25 2014] <chewbranca>: I've been working on eunit and rnewson is nearly
finished with the JS suite
[Wed May 21 19:08:06 2014] <Kxepal>: \o/ great news (:
[Wed May 21 19:09:46 2014] <Wohali>: the immediate next 2 things after that are merging
in couchdb/master, and getting changes from Cloudant's "db core" since ~Feb 2014 in the queue
for ASF approval
[Wed May 21 19:11:51 2014] <Wohali>: looks like rnewson is not here to provide any more
detail.
[Wed May 21 19:12:04 2014] <Wohali>: please continue to help build and test
[Wed May 21 19:12:36 2014] <Kxepal>: I believe, before merge in couchdb/master we have
to branch LTS release with api and features deprecation warning and some migration helpers
bits if any needs
[Wed May 21 19:13:00 2014] <awenkhh>: hi 
[Wed May 21 19:13:01 2014] <Wohali>: That's a good topic for the mailing list.
[Wed May 21 19:13:17 2014] <Wohali>: It could be 1.6.
[Wed May 21 19:13:42 2014] <Kxepal>: #action everyone to continue help with build and
testing bigcouch branch (1843-feature-bigcouch)
[Wed May 21 19:14:00 2014] <Kxepal>: Wohali: good idea about ML
[Wed May 21 19:14:43 2014] <Kxepal>: #action Kxepal to raise question about LTS release
with api and features deprecation against 2.x branch
[Wed May 21 19:15:31 2014] <Kxepal>: Wohali: I don't sure that it could be 1.6 since
it going to be out and there is no info in it about what's will be missed in 2.0. at least
one more release is required
[Wed May 21 19:15:49 2014] <Kxepal>: but anyway, this discussion for ML
[Wed May 21 19:15:55 2014] <Wohali>: Depends on the scope of the changes, but yes, worth
discussing.
[Wed May 21 19:16:52 2014] <rnewson>: merge progresses, JS runs against single node
again
[Wed May 21 19:21:55 2014] <Kxepal>: cool! ok, I feel that's all for merge topic for
today. anyone has anything else to discuss/report?
## CouchDB Meetup Hamburg ##
[Wed May 21 19:25:42 2014] <awenkhh>: #link https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/103656875572948787245
[Wed May 21 19:26:03 2014] <awenkhh>: we have a G+ community with already 7 members
:) 
[Wed May 21 19:26:53 2014] <awenkhh>: the next meetup will be June 10th 
[Wed May 21 19:26:56 2014] <awenkhh>: #link https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/c1ertkfs9dkin7s9vtlgu9bfr8k
[Wed May 21 19:27:32 2014] <Kxepal>: awenkhh: cool! I suggest you to pin this even in
meeting group to not miss it by others (;
[Wed May 21 19:27:37 2014] <Kxepal>: *event
[Wed May 21 19:28:04 2014] <awenkhh>: correction for the link:
[Wed May 21 19:28:07 2014] <awenkhh>: #link https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/c8vu4a1n8b6aj27e0q1349kog74
[Wed May 21 19:28:14 2014] <awenkhh>: Kxepal yes I will :) 
[Wed May 21 19:28:24 2014] <Kxepal>: \o/
[Wed May 21 19:31:31 2014] <Kxepal>: ASFBot: meeting end


Meeting ended at Wed May 21 19:31:31 2014

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/mixed (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message