couchdb-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Joan Touzet <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 1.6.0-rc.3
Date Fri, 02 May 2014 15:56:05 GMT
Discussion on IRC suggested that we not cherry pick but pull directly from
master. This would be useful, selfishly, in that it would also pull my
startup script fix for which we keep getting new bugs. It also means that
we would have a 1.6.x branch that starts as a strict predecessor of master
in the future.


----- Original Message -----
From: "Alexander Shorin" <>
Sent: Friday, May 2, 2014 3:15:17 AM
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 1.6.0-rc.3

On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 10:52 AM, Dirkjan Ochtman <> wrote:
> On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 1:13 AM, Alexander Shorin <> wrote:
>> here is the status update: etap tests 231 and 200 were fixed on 1.6.x.
>> The only issue left for replicator tests against R14B01.
>> As for R14B01 issue I can provide the fix right now, but it's not
>> very...correct. So the question is pretty simple: when you plan and
>> will have a time to cut 1.6.0-rc4? If this will happens tomorrow so I
>> have no reasons to hold the release. If I have day or two, I'd like to
>> continue investigations to make fix more correct.
> Thanks for the update. I think we can hold it a little bit longer. How
> about we say I spin an rc.4 by Monday morning my time, and if you have
> no news on this by then we consider just living with it?

Deal. Monday is good. Thanks!

>> Also, seems we have Erlang 17 support in master now...not single shot
>> was made, but looks like it build now correct. I wonder if it worth to
>> pick this fix to 1.6.x? Since Erlang 17 is already in Gentoo, Debian,
>> OSX and CouchDB 1.7 will be released only in June or July (hope no
>> more 1986-like issues will happens for us) - so I think this is actual
>> question for now.
> Hmm. How invasive has this been? usual it could be with the shell bits (:


View raw message