couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Project by-laws
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2014 19:53:50 GMT
I'd like to propose that we vote in a set of project by-laws.

This document will define the specific roles in this community, as
well as the decision making procedures we use.

Right now, most of the rules are in my head. The reasons for this are
historical. Our mentors were absent, and we sort of figure out a
rudimentary set for ourselves. Later, when I joined the incubator, I
started to pick up lots of things we were missing.

Instead of me repeating things and being a single point of failure
here, I'd like to get everything down "on paper" and make it official.

I propose something very similar to, if not identical to, CloudStack's by-laws:

https://cloudstack.apache.org/bylaws.html

(Which I helped draft.)

--
Noah Slater