couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Joan Touzet joins the PMC
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2014 18:10:26 GMT
Joan, do you remember plum? Around the same time as Monty. Here's a
snippet from #couchdb from way back when...

07:15 <plum> The Expando Class: http://blog.9elements.com/?p=14
07:31 <VladDrac> plum: this expando pattern is quite common in object databases,
07:31 <plum> they're a commonly-used indicator of environmental
quality, that design patterns are hacks around a languages missing
features.
07:31 <VladDrac> actually only rdbm's are highly static in their
schema definition
07:31 <VladDrac> Plone (a cms) is build on Zope/ ZODB (object
database) and has specifically these features for the reasons you
describe
07:47 <jmoiron> fyi, just in case;  plum's a bot

--
Noah Slater
https://twitter.com/nslater