couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Project by-laws
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2014 19:50:19 GMT
Okay folks. I've prepared a first draft of our bylaws. Concrit very
much appreciated.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=40511017

On 28 April 2014 23:48, Joan Touzet <joant@atypical.net> wrote:
> My line of thinking was along the lines of what Ellis and Stroustrup did in The Annotated
C++ Language Reference Manual[1]. It often helps to have a human being explain what some things
mean through the use of examples or extra text. A crisp legal-ish statement of the rule followed
by some explanatory text would be most helpful, and friendlier for new people to get their
heads around.

> -Joan
>
> [1] http://www.stroustrup.com/arm.html

to a particular item, that doesn’t mean to say we can’t render it better than this. I
would rather not have a document that states everything twice if we can avoid it.

--
Noah Slater
https://twitter.com/nslater