couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] merge all the forks
Date Sun, 06 Apr 2014 08:22:32 GMT
On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 2:43 PM, Dave Cottlehuber <> wrote:

> Hi again,
> Benoit's mentioned that the rcouch import is more or less complete from
> his perspective. No doubt we'll have some mucking around wrt docs, fauxton,
> build etc to sort out, but he feels its ready to go.

More or less from my perspective is nothing. I would be more interested to
see any activity from other developers in reviewing that code instead of
adding new changes (except fixes) to the current code base. Right now
neither the couchdb project or me see any benefit in my gift since noone to
my knowledge did a real (and public) review it,  started to use it or even
considered to start to merge it upstream. Instead of spending all this time
for free in cleaning the code I could have just took a long vacation and
continue to ad improvements on my own, which I did since.

> How are things going in bigcouch?
> To be clear, we *should* make a decision of this magnitude in a separate
> VOTE thread, but let's discuss
> further here and I will try to summarise & shepherd towards a consensus.

We already have a consensus actually something near a consensus defined
months ago:

In my perspective, we can probably start to define these milestones.

- benoit