couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 1.6.0: please review changelog, etc
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2014 09:05:27 GMT
On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 12:34 PM, Dirkjan Ochtman <dirkjan@ochtman.nl> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm starting to get moving on 1.6.0 again (finally!). I just updated
> the changelog:
>
> http://couchdb.readthedocs.org/en/1.6.x/whatsnew/1.6.html
>
> Please review if there's anything big that I missed. I mostly skipped
> over Fauxton stuff, so if there are any suggestions at newer things
> that aren't included in that description, please let me know.

Small note: sort items by issue id for better look and search.
Also, may be include note that this release includes changes from
1.5.1 and below like:
http://docs.couchdb.org/en/latest/whatsnew/1.1.html#version-1-1-0

To highlight that this release is not affected to CVE-2014-2668 and
contains uuids rate limit fix?
However, I feel that better mention this fix explicitly in changelog.
What do you think?

> We should also probably include the CVE-2014-2668 stuff now?
> Alexander, can you take care of that? Are there any tricks to getting
> a nicely formatted version into the docs? Also, the check_docs tooling
> from couchdb-admin isn't finding that CVE yet, we should probably
> announce it somewhere now that 1.5.1 is out?

Sure, I'll handle that in next few hours.

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 12:48 PM, Robert Samuel Newson
<rnewson@apache.org> wrote:
> Are you going to take the latest master commit for 1.6.0?

+1

--