couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Wenk <a...@nms.de>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Project by-laws
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2014 20:57:06 GMT
Noah, thanks for putting this together and the approach. I really like the
Cloudstack by-laws. I think we could just copy them with some minor
changes. Here are some questions or comments (on
https://cloudstack.apache.org/bylaws.html):

2.4.1.2. I am not sure if the PMC has to approve the releases. In our case
it is a vote on dev@.
2.4.6. As for today, we do not have a chair rotation but iirc, we have
already spoken about this as a possibility

3.1.2.4 I was not aware that a -1 needs an explanation

3.2. Approvals - maybe we have to adjust the numbers. 3 is kinda low I
think compared to how many PMC members and committers we have

3.3. Vetoes - this point is fairly new to me and I would love to see areal
example

3.4.1. Technical Decisions - it first states that technical decisions
should made by voting but later it is described how it should be done when
a vote was started. It's a bit contrary. In 3.4.2 there is a reason
described for the need of a vote if there is a dispute of finding consensus.

Then I am not sure if we "live" this already but I like it "Any user,
contributor, committer, or PMC member can initiate a technical decision
making process.".

3.4.4. Product Release - if we follow our now active process, this has to
be changed imo.

3.4.5. Adoption of New Codebase this would be new for CouchDB but is maybe
a good idea

I am not sure if the CoC acceptance has to mentioned in this paper also.

Cheers

Andy

--
Andy Wenk