couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Bruno Rohée <br...@rohee.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache CouchDB Developer Code of Conduct
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2014 23:42:29 GMT
Joan Touzet wtrote:

>  We will keep our entire bug report database open for public  view at all
times. Reports that people file online will promptly become visible to
others.

My two cents : there are good, practical reasons to keep some bugs
confidential before a fix/workaround is available. Namely security bugs.
It's definitely bad when bugs are kept hidden for months or even years, but
surely there is some middle ground to be found. This is especially
important as it's reasonable to have an Internet facing CouchDB, unlike
many other DBs...