couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Joan Touzet <woh...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Apache CouchDB Developer Code of Conduct
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2014 19:28:54 GMT
All,

The PMC would like to move forward towards establishing an Apache CouchDB Developer Code of
Conduct (CoC for short). To make that happen, we need your help.

We do not at this time have a specific text proposal.  We'd like to open that up to contributions
from the developer community. Examples of CoCs from other projects that you feel are well-crafted
would be most welcome.

For my contribution: the long-standing Debian project has just voted in their Code of Conduct.
I encourage you to review the text of this CoC at http://www.debian.org/vote/2014/vote_002
as I think it might be a good starting place for our efforts. Many of the points (such as
having discussion on development direction should be made in public) are directly parallel
to tenants upheld by the ASF and CouchDB itself.

-Joan