couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Joan Touzet <woh...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Apache CouchDB Diversity Statement.
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2014 19:33:28 GMT
All:

Some members of the PMC would like to move forward with establishing a project-wide Diversity
Statement. We need your help!

We do not at this time have a specific text proposal.  We'd like to open that up to contributions
from the developer community. Examples of Diversity Statements from other projects that you
feel are well-crafted would be most welcome.

For my own contribution, I feel the Debian diversity statement is too brief. In this instance
I prefer the sort of text the Ubuntu project has at http://www.ubuntu.com/about/about-ubuntu/diversity
. I feel especially strongly that including "technical ability" on the diversity statement
is important for Apache CouchDB - as I know I (and others) have experienced challenges entering
the community due to a perceived "high bar" for contribution.

-Joan