couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Joan Touzet <jo...@atypical.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache CouchDB Developer Code of Conduct
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2014 20:33:26 GMT
+1, I'll also note that the Debian text has some placeholders
for infractions and positive action being taken to resolve
issues - if agreed we could start with that text and go further.

But I really want to see ideas and text other people have! :D

-Joan

----- Original Message -----
From: "Noah Slater" <nslater@apache.org>
To: dev@couchdb.apache.org
Sent: Monday, April 28, 2014 4:01:52 PM
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Apache CouchDB Developer Code of Conduct

A requirement for me for our CoC is that we have a well defined
response procedure. This is a commonly done for conferences, but is
usually kept private to conference organisers. Obviously, ours will be
public.

To give you an idea of what I'm thinking:

- Minor infractions vs. major infractions
- A warning system for minor infractions (as is common in most
employment situations)
- "Time outs" to let people cool off from IRC, the mailing list, etc
- An escalation procedure in case warnings and cool-offs are ignored
or ineffectual
- Immediate removal from the project in the case of major infractions

I know this all seems like depressing serious business. But
documenting this stuff so that everyone is on the same page, and we've
all pre-agreed to it will massively cut down on drama while allowing
the project to take swift action when needed.

--
Noah Slater
https://twitter.com/nslater