couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <...@jsonified.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 1.6.0-rc.1
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2014 18:57:07 GMT
On 14 March 2014 14:53, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 12:24 PM, Klaus Trainer <klaus_trainer@posteo.de> wrote:
>> On 03/05/2014 11:06 AM, Andy Wenk wrote:
>>> * I tested against master 5989bb324a and all tests pass
>>> * I tested against 1986-fix-ibrowse-infinite-async-timeout b35884580
>>> and ./test/etap/200-view-group-no-db-leaks.t fails
>>> * rerun with the last one results also in the same error
>>> * I tested against 1.6 branch and 04-replication-large-atts.t fails
>>
>> Does anybody have an idea about what change that is in master but not in
>> the 1.6 branch could make 04-replication-large-atts.t not fail anymore?
>>

> did you figured?
>
> Also what is the status of this release?
>
> - benoit

FWIW I still get the replication failures on FreeBSD + master, even if
we sprinkle in the various possible fixes out there.

I'm concerned that there's some underlying issue that is worse on
FreeBSD but still exists on other platforms -- one of the symptoms is
an exploding RSS memory set during replication.

If somebody feels like doing some peer debugging next week we might be
able to track this down.

Worth noting, master works for me fine on OSX but not 1.6.

I propose to the illustrious Release Manager (Long May They Reign) to
dump the 1.6.x branch unceremoniously & cut a new one from current
master, assuming Fauxton etc are able to work with this?

A+
Dave