couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mem3 and forced db fragmentation?
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2014 22:46:06 GMT
On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 9:56 AM, Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Right now all shards  exist in the same namespace and
>> can only be found on the file system by looking in the shards db.
>
> This only applies if you're using the clustered interface to clustered
> databases. If you use the :5986 port it doesn't use mem3 and none of
> the sharding code applies.

I know. But at some point we discussed about the possibility of having
only one HTTP layer working for both. How would it work in that case?

Also what would prevent to namespace the shards / db ? I mean putting
shards related to a database in 1 specific folder on each node? :

<dbname>/{shardXX.....shardZZ}

Not saying we should do that, but I am trying to know if there is an
issue with such solution.

- benoit