couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Review Board
Date Sat, 29 Mar 2014 23:07:31 GMT
On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 6:01 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
> Let's try to wrap this thread up. Too many emails on it already.
>
> Benoit, let's keep Review Board around for a little while so that
> people who want to use it can use it. We get notifications sent to the
> list. And as long as we're not linking to it from our website, I can't
> imagine it's causing us any harm.
>
> Live and let live. Excelsior!

tested it over last week on a private installation, and not convinced
it's a good tool (neither github is, but that's not the topic).

So quick feedback:

- making review automatic is possible using hooks
- integrtion of jira was painful
- the ui is not that intuitive. github is way ahead compared to review
board. gerrit is also quite better imo.

So let's decommission it, except if someone still want to use it
(which i doubt since most are using github).

Another tool that looks interesting is crucible [1]? Has anyone tried it?

- benoit

[1] https://www.atlassian.com/software/crucible/overview