couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] 1.6.0 proposals
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2014 14:45:23 GMT
On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 5:39 PM, Dave Cottlehuber <dch@jsonified.com> wrote:
> 1. uncomment the equivalent line in default.ini
>
>         socket_options = [{recbuf, 262144}, {sndbuf, 262144}, {nodelay, true}]

+1 for this. It will serve two proposes: improve large attachments
transfer, "solve" 1986 issue and disable Nagle's algorithm (speedup
transfer small docs). Profits everywhere without any oblivious major
flaws.

In addition to this, I support it's worth to add at least {nodelay,
true} for replicator's socket_options to disable Nagle's algorithm for
ibrowse too. This should speedup replication as well.

--