couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Russell Branca <chewbra...@apache.org>
Subject [REVIEW] COUCHDB-1993 fabric + couch_mrview integration
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2014 20:57:07 GMT
Hi all,

This thread is a request for review on the integration of fabric and
couch_mrview, although there are changes in chttpd as well. There are three
pull requests, one for each repo:

https://github.com/apache/couchdb-fabric/pull/1
https://github.com/apache/couchdb-couch-mrview/pull/1
https://github.com/apache/couchdb-chttpd/pull/1

Overall this is actually a sizable reduction in code. While doing the
integration, I started down the path of deduplicating code the single node
vs clustered http layers, and as a result these updates are a net negative
in lines of code and I think does a good job of separating out the view
logic from fabric and chttpd.

There are a few items that still need to be addressed, but I think they are
outside of the scope of this initial integration and/or could use wider
discussion on the proper way to address them

  * Properly send metadata through fabric, more details in the commit
message of:
https://github.com/apache/couchdb-fabric/commit/aeac2dfe5014dc9fe1f10300669ea9244cae3a67

  * Handle security databases, ie _users/_replication doc security

  * Figure out what approach to take for etags and standardize etag
functions

  * Allow for sending update_seq in the view results

Let's use this thread for wider discussion and use the PRs for comments on
code, unless there's a better alternative. I'll be around today and
tomorrow, but then I'll be away from my computer the following week on
vacation, so it might be a delayed response before I can address any
comments. Thanks for the review!

-Russell