couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Wenk <andyw...@apache.org>
Subject [REQUEST] Help to transfer the content from moin moin wiki to cwiki
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2014 18:41:00 GMT
Hi all,

I am sure you already hear, that we have a new Wiki "Space" for CouchDB.
It's a Atlassian Confluence and I will call it "cwiki". Thanks to Noah for
doing the first steps here. You can find the new wiki at

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COUCHDB/CouchDB+Home

We already discussed the structure within the marketing team. Alex finally
wrote the structure down and I think what we have now is a good starting
point. Now your help is needed. The following list is a general guide for
the process to transfer the content from the old "Moin Moin" wiki at
https://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/FrontPage to the new cwiki.

* register at cwiki
* write to dev@ or ask a mod at IRC to be added to the CouchDB Space - this
is a required step
* take a page from the old wiki
* read it carefully and optimise the content
* find the best place where to add the content in cwiki - if needed, add a
new page
* insert the content into the new page at cwiki
* blank out the content in the old wiki and set a link to the new home with
the following info:

"This page has been moved to the new wiki. Please refer to [ADD_NEW_URL]"

And you're done.

The user guide for cwiki can be found at

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF50/Confluence+User%27s+Guide

The most important thing to know is

{code}
your code here
{code}

If you start typing "{co" a popup will open and you can choose "Code block"
(http://screencast.com/t/ZqGsccyMS)

About the content
irc.

If you have any questions - please ask.

I hope we can find a lot of people to start this big task. Are you willing
to help?

Thanks a lot!

Andy

--