couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From "Florian Westreicher Bakk.techn." <st...@meredrica.org>
Subject Re: Eventual Consistency
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2014 08:16:40 GMT
You only have eventual consistency when you use more than one instance of couch and replication,
because the write needs to be replicated to the second instance.

You are responsible to fix conflicts yourself and CouchDB will happily tell you where conflicts
are. The way they are 'solved' the in couch before you get a go at it is that a winning version
is chosen on every node that is guaranteed to be the same everywhere.