couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Amir Hossein Hajizadeh <amirhos.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Eventual Consistency
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2014 04:19:11 GMT
Hi,

First, please let me know if I'm posting it in a wrong place.

My question is, how does CouchDB claims that it has "eventual
consistency" while the records in it have "_rev" field? For now I've
learned that if you don't have the latest _rev field CouchDB doesn't
allow you to update the record, complaining that there's a conflict.

So, can you give me an example of a scenario when CouchDB shows the
behaviour of "eventual consistency"? In that scenario, what if there is
eventually a conflict? Who will be responsible to resolve it?

Thanks,
Amir Hossein Hajizadeh