couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Ashley Parkes <ash...@ashleyparkes.com>
Subject Re: Marketing suggestion
Date Sun, 02 Feb 2014 16:11:10 GMT
Sounds awesome!!

Twitter -> Facebook: you first connect it to your main profile, then it gives you the option
to reconnect it to a Page you manage. It's weird. From there you can decide whether to post
tweets to the FB timeline, etc.

HootSuite: I've heard good things about it too but their free tier doesn't have team integration
and limits social media profiles to 5. I'll ask around this week if there's anything comparable
floating about.

LinkedIn: I think it would be a good idea to have an official page there too- the groups are
great but more for community discussion than for marketing efforts per se. It's probably on
the less-urgent end of the scale though.

Ashley

Sent from my iPhone

> On Feb 2, 2014, at 8:16 AM, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Ashley,
>
> Wrt marketing plans: yes, but half way between my head, and my private
> notes. Unfortunately, my private notes also contain things from
> private conversations with people. Major mistake on my part. Apologies
> to the community.
>
> I've just sent an email giving a few people notice that I plan to
> start moving things over to the wiki. Hopefully over the next week or
> so I can get all of our existing marketing ideas in a communal space
> so we can start to discuss it.
>
> As for the marketing@ list: great. So what we'll do now is wait
> another day or two. If nobody objects, we can make the list. (This is
> how we make most of our decisions on the project.
>
> A few of us have access to the Twitter feed. Perhaps it would be a
> good idea if we share it out a bit more. Do you know of any tools that
> make this sort of stuff easy? I've heard good things about HootSuite.
> (But it costs?)
>
> How do you connect a Twitter account to a Facebook page? The only
> stuff I found was about linking Twitter to your main Facebook profile.
>
> Not sure about the LinkedIn stuff. Don't use it enough to really know.
> What do you recommend?
>
>> On 2 February 2014 04:56, Ashley Parkes <ashley@ashleyparkes.com> wrote:
>> Go Team!! Andy, thanks for adding me!
>>
>> Regarding the first open question: having a marketing@ list sounds like a great idea!
>>
>> Regarding marketing generally: I just read over the "How to spread the word about
CouchDB" thread - is there an established marketing plan, as far as what to make known about
CouchDB in 2014 and how to go about it? And if not what are your thoughts on developing one?

>> Regarding social media: whoever maintains the Twitter feed, let me know if you want
to connect it to the Facebook page, or if anyone else should be added as a page manager. And
should we add a dedicated "company" LinkedIn page for CouchDB as well, or stick to the group
page?