couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Move more email to the commits list
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2014 23:23:40 GMT
I know there are some people who really struggle with the workload of
dev@, who would be interested in general project discussion, but feel
swamped by JIRA, etc.

I think if there's a chance that we can gain even one more person
because dev@ is easier to cope with (and assuming no significant
downsides) then it's a worthwhile change.

If there's a particularly interesting thread in a JIRA that we want to
make sure everyone sees, it should be easy enough to just link to it
from dev@.

I would say though, with my PMC hat on: I expect all committers to be
subscribed to commits@. (Today, as in, right now. Irrespective of this
change.) I don't see how a committer can do their job without it.

On 4 February 2014 22:40, Adam Kocoloski <kocolosk@apache.org> wrote:
> Tricky.  I'm fine with trying it out, but I do wonder how many casual followers of dev@
would miss the really interesting technical conversations that sometime happen on code reviews
and (especially) JIRA tickets.  Not an easy thing to measure.

--
Noah Slater
https://twitter.com/nslater