couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Move more email to the commits list
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2014 12:57:36 GMT
There's no real way to automate it. So it would have to be a manual process.

If someone was willing to spend a bit of time each week to post all
the most relevant info, I think that'd be great. I tried to do some
roundups for a while, but they were taking up too much time.

Some things to roundup:

- JIRA tickets not triaged (i.e. processed into the right queues)
- JIRA tickets with high activity this week
- Outstanding PRs on GitHub
- Outstanding requests on Review Board

I expect it would be easier to use APIs to generate this info. Either
that or do it by hand.

I don't think that posting the subjects of mails sent to commits@ is a
very useful thing. You may as well just subscribe to the actual digest
for that list. (Digest subscriptions ARE possible.)

On 5 February 2014 13:09, Andy Wenk <andy@nms.de> wrote:
> On 5 February 2014 13:06, Alexander Shorin <kxepal@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 4:00 PM, Garren Smith <garren@apache.org> wrote:
>> > Would it be possible to have a summary email from commits sent to dev@.
>> So basically a daily digest of any activities. That then would keep dev@in the loop
without inundating the list.

>> Nice idea. Btw, in python-dev@ they used weekly bugs digests: which
>> issues are opened, which are closed, stalled, top discussed etc. which
>> I found very useful. Having digests for git commits may be also
>> useful: just headlines (or full message) without any diffs.
>>

> +1 - maybe just a headline and the status ?
>
> --
> Andy Wenk
> Hamburg - Germany
> RockIt!