couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cloudant & IBM: Our Commitment to Apache CouchDB
Date Mon, 24 Feb 2014 14:39:01 GMT
Seconded. Congratulations. This is great news. I look forward to the future...

On 24 February 2014 15:35, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
> Adam and everyone at Cloudant: congratulations for your hard work!
>
> I'm thrilled about what this could mean for the future!
>
> Jan
> --
>

> On 24 Feb 2014, at 15:29 , Adam Kocoloski <adam@cloudant.com> wrote:
>
>> Apache CouchDB means a great deal to me, and to Cloudant as a company. Cloudant and
CouchDB have grown alongside each other over the past several years in one of the more authentic
vendor/community collaborations I can think of in Apache history. Today marks the next step
in Cloudant's growth as we enter into a definitive agreement to become part of IBM.

>> What does this mean for CouchDB? I would not have agreed to this transaction if I
had any concerns about Cloudant's ability to continue its contributions and collaboration
with Apache CouchDB. IBM has a strong track record in open source software and a productive
relationship with Apache; in fact, IBM was instrumental in bringing CouchDB to the ASF many
years ago. IBM is fully supportive of our efforts here, and I'm looking forward to bringing
increased resources to bear in support of the project.

>> CouchDB has the potential to shape the future of distributed data management and
computing. 2013 was a year of tremendous progress, as we doubled our committer base and shipped
no fewer than eight releases. Already in 2014 we've seen amazing progress on long-standing
initiatives to enhance the core of the system. The timing is right -- in the market and for
the community -- to take the next big step forward. With your help, that is exactly what we
will do.

--
Noah Slater
https://twitter.com/nslater