couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [NOTICE] New wiki (Was: Re: [DISCUSS] Switching wiki to Confluence)
Date Sun, 02 Feb 2014 15:03:42 GMT
Well, I don't think we should migrate it in bulk.

As you point out, there are some judgement calls to be made.

Perhaps pages that obviously belong in the docs could be exported
somehow, or moved to a "should be in the docs" ghetto. Meanwhile,
anything obviously belonging on the wiki can be moved over verbatim
for the time being.

I plan to "blank" pages as I go. Replacing them with a single
instruction to either visit the new page on the new wiki, or to
consult the docs.

On 2 February 2014 15:58, Robert Samuel Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:
> Cool!
>
> Should we migrate the old one or start a new, clean one? We can take what's good from
the old one and leave the rest. Given we now have docs.couchdb.org where the design, philosophy
and API guide should live, the new wiki should just be the other things (pages for various
tools, guides on building or installation, use cases, clever techniques, details of internals,
and so on).

> B.
>
> On 2 Feb 2014, at 14:22, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> We have a new wiki:
>>
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COUCHDB/CouchDB+Home
>>
>> I will add some notices to our old wiki asking people to move over.
>> And I will begin the manual process of moving things over myself.
>>
>> For the time being, we will have two wikis. Once the entire migration
>> is complete, we'll update the links on our homepage.
>>
>> On 2 February 2014 15:21, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
>>> We have a new wiki:
>>>
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COUCHDB/CouchDB+Home
>>>
>>> I will add some notices to our old wiki asking people to move over.
>>> And I will begin the manual process of moving things over myself.

I'm not

Moin, that

--
Noah Slater