couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [REQUEST] Mailing list moderators
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2014 14:56:21 GMT
That's certainly an option. The only ML it wouldn't work for is private@.

On 3 February 2014 15:54, Robert Samuel Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:

> To reduce the burden of moderation, can we not reject messages from those not subscribed,
with instructions on how to subscribe? I hear you that you'd rather not do so, but I think
it's reasonable. If the volume of false negatives is much lower, more folks might elect to
become moderators. I know I get (unasked-for) moderation emails from one of our lists, and
they're always spam).

> B.
>
> On 3 Feb 2014, at 14:39, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Usually people who are not subscribed from some reason. These are
>> important mails that need to be let through. Whether legitimate users
>> who forgot to subscribe, or Apache members who are notifying us of
>> things. Occasionally, someone from a company like Cloudant replies to
>> thread which may have made it to an internal list. Stuff like that.
>>

>> On 3 February 2014 15:23, Robert Samuel Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Noah,
>>>
>>> The 1 in 10 that need letting through are for folks sending from outside or folks
that are subscribed but triggered a spam filter?

>>> B.

So you

--
Noah Slater