couchdb-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Dave Cottlehuber <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 1.6.0-rc.1
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2014 14:44:14 GMT
On 11 February 2014 12:17, Dirkjan Ochtman <> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 11:56 AM, Benoit Chesneau <> wrote:
>> Imo we can't know if COUCHDB-1986 is really fixed for now due to the
>> comment, the fact that all tests pass using the combination of the 2
>> commits (bit not with one or the other alone) is mysterious. However
>> they are fixing real issues so i would release now with them instead
>> of waiting more.
>> Thoughts?
> Cheers,
> Dirkjan

Hi Dirkjan, all,

Go for it.

I don't think we should be delaying a release unless:

- we have a clear regression that is not addressed
- we can't build on a supported platform
- we've got an accepted blocking ticket open

i.e. shipping improved software regularly is to me more important than
having all open JIRA tickets addressed[1].

However I don't think we have a successful `make distcheck` on FreeBSD
10 yet, & unfortunately I've not got time before mid March (!) to do
further work on FreeBSD 10 issues - you'll notice I'm even hiding from
IRC! There are a number of other recent & potential fixes in ibrowse,
which is not yet tagged v4.0.3 they may also be of use. BTW Alex has
access to the box and I'm happy to provide that to any community
member who wishes to help out.
[1]: BTW this paper
from the svn team in 2009 is worth a read


View raw message