couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: intention of couchdb-couch-stats and some other
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2014 17:42:24 GMT
On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 4:03 AM, Dave Cottlehuber <dch@jsonified.com> wrote:
> On 14 February 2014 10:59, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I saw that the following repositories have been created but empty at that time:
>>
>> intention of couchdb-couch-stats
>> couchdb-query-server-node
>> couchdb-query-server-spidermonkey
>>
>> What are the intentions of these repositories?
>>
>> couchdb-couch-stats looks like the one in rcouch:
>>
>> https://github.com/refuge/couch_core/tree/master/apps/couch_stats
>>
>> Maybe I should split it couch_stat as well. DO we care about the
>> historyy at that point?
>>
>> For the others i only gues that the spidermonkey one should contain
>> couchjs. Paul what was your idea bout it?
>>

>> FAter thinking a little more I am thinking we could also create the
>> following repositories:
>>
>> couchbd-couch-compaction-daemon
>> couchdb-couch-os-daemon or simply couchdb-couch-external
>> couch-db-update-notifier at least the code using the port.
>>

>> From couchdb-couch-httpd i am thinking we could also split couch_httpd_proxy.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>>
>> - benoit
>
> This seems like an excellent time to suggest we have so many
> repositories we could do with some automated way to create & name
> them... perhaps a couch-couch-repo-factory is needed ;-)
>
> *ducks*

:D

For reference, the naming pattern is couchdb-(app name with
underscores replaced with hyphens). The couchdb- prefix is mandated by
ASF infra for git repositories. I replaced the underscores with
hyphens because couchdb-couch_mrview looked funny. So there is an
automated method for naming things, just no factor for it.