couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: status of the bigcouch merge.
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2014 15:05:22 GMT
On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 3:59 AM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:
> What is the current status of the bigcouch merge?

In a nutshell, ongoing. Some of the things that need doing are listed
at [1]. But that doesn't capture all of the work that needs to happen.
I'll try and go through my notes and create tickets for everything
that I know about.

> I can see so far 3 repositories updated recently:
>
> - 1843-feature-bigcouch , Last updated 6 days ago by rnewson.
> - 1843-feature-bigcouch-couch-log, Last updated 7 days ago by rnewson.
> - 1843-feature-bigcouch-multi-repo - Last updated 14 days ago by davisp.

Those are branches? The 1843-feature-bigcouch in couchdb.git points at
all of the repositories that we're currently working with.

> Also there had been some work in using couch_mrview by chewbranca:
>
> https://github.com/apache/couchdb-couch-mrview/tree/1993-bigcouch-couch-mrview
>
> and
>
> https://github.com/apache/couchdb-fabric/tree/1993-bigcouch-couch-mrview

Yeah, that's COUCHDB-1993 [3] work for making mrview, fabric, and
chttpd [4,5,6] all play together nicely.

> But I am not sure what is missing. Also I don't see it linked to the
> couchdb repository.

They're linked [7].

> So can we tests today the bigcouch merge? How far are we (speaking of
> features and reliability) form a version that could be completely
> tested in a staging env? What should be done to make it happen?
>
> - benoit

I'm not sure what you mean by completely tested in this case.
Currently the JavaScript tests all pass against the single node
interface. Some of the etap tests pass but not all of them. This is
work that needs doing before the merge happens. As to how far we are
its hard to say. As to what should be done, I'll be opening quite a
few more tickets today to try and give a better idea. But for the most
part it involves going through each repo that has an import-master or
1994-merge-rcouch branch and merging work from all three branches.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB/component/12321810
[2] https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=couchdb.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/1843-feature-bigcouch
[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-1993
[4] https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=couchdb-couch-mrview.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/1993-bigcouch-couch-mrview