couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: can fauxton commit be tagged?
Date Mon, 17 Feb 2014 08:37:34 GMT
On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 9:20 AM, Garren Smith <garren@apache.org> wrote:
> When are we actually moving over to the seperate repos and what are the git commands
to keep it in sync?

both merge repository are using splitted repository to my knowledge
(see my latest status abour rcouch).

I don't know any good solution in the mid term.

Either you patch the couchdb-fauxton repository using git format-patch
ad git am or maybe better we could introduce a git submodules in the
current couchdb master. So you would just have to update the
couchdb-fauxton repository. Maybe Paul will have a better idea.

I am just thinking it would be easier to synchronise it now, so the
work later will be minimal. But maybe that's not so important.

Looking at the diff with the rcouch merge repository that's already
mean that more than 50 patches will need to be added. Using the
couchdb-fauxton repository of course will solve that.

- benoit

> On 17 Feb 2014, at 10:11 AM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> the couchdb-fauxton repository has been created. Please keep it in sync :)
>>
>> - benoit

>>> thanks. By tagging I meant adding smth like fauxton: in the commit line ;)
>>>
>>> - benoit

or