couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Marketing suggestion
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2014 07:42:40 GMT
On Sun, Feb 2, 2014 at 3:16 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:

> Ashley,
>
> Wrt marketing plans: yes, but half way between my head, and my private
> notes. Unfortunately, my private notes also contain things from
> private conversations with people. Major mistake on my part. Apologies
> to the community.
>
> I've just sent an email giving a few people notice that I plan to
> start moving things over to the wiki. Hopefully over the next week or
> so I can get all of our existing marketing ideas in a communal space
> so we can start to discuss it.
>
> As for the marketing@ list: great. So what we'll do now is wait
> another day or two. If nobody objects, we can make the list. (This is
> how we make most of our decisions on the project.

I am not sure it's a good idea to have a marketing list. Marketing should
be linked to dev and vice-versa . It's important that marketing follows dev
discussion and that dev follows and interact with the marketing. Having 2
mailing-lists will create a disconnection. Which is good path to the
failure in tech. Also due to the low volumes of mails on @dev this
shouldn't be a problem.

- benoit