couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Capturing UserCtx automatically
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2014 13:34:57 GMT
On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 5:25 PM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
> No, I mean in my scenario the person who could make a local change to a doc
> they didn’t create would *NOT* have the replicator user’s credentials, so
> they could NOT replicate things back elsewhere.

Aaa! I see your point. Sorry, I found the flaw in my story. So, I have
to instruct people to setup some special username _at the local
instance_  or set  some special role to user they preferred to use for
store data onto local instance which bypasses validate function
restrictions upon userCtx.name. Good point! I'd already used the same
assumption for users with _admin role, but never thought about having
some magical role for regular users on the other side. Thanks, I see
the solution now (:

--