couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Git repositories: migration to couchdb-documentation
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2014 23:06:43 GMT
On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 5:08 PM, Dirkjan Ochtman <dirkjan@ochtman.nl> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 1:26 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
>> Wow. "couchdb-documentation" is very long! Why not "couchdb-docs"? :)
>
> +1 for -docs...

While -docs looks nicer and sounds shorter (and I'm also +1 for it),
the -documentation name explicitly defines that this is exactly the
documentation, not couchdb internal app called docs or has such prefix
by some accident. Also, such loooong name is very hard to miss in
complete repository list(: Anyway, I see nothing criminal in full name
and what is done that is done.

>> Anyway, you can probably dispense with make. Just get a decent Sphinx
>> thing set up.
>
> Sphinx kind of provides a Makefile by default, and it's pretty handy.

+many (:

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 5:19 PM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:

> also:
>
> https://github.com/refuge/couchdb/blob/rcouch/Makefile#L66

Thanks, but this would be required since now it would be possible to
use std sphinx Makefile with very few customizations.

--