couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From "Eli Stevens (Gmail)" <>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] ubuntu precise couchdb packages available
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2014 17:31:16 GMT
Thanks for working with us Dave, it was a pleasure.  And I'm glad to
see that people are excited about the end result.

While I can't commit to anything right now, I'm going to be pushing my
company to sponsor more of these in the future.  It probably won't be
every release (our product release cycle is quite a bit slower than
CouchDB's, and it's a bit of a hard sell when we know we won't end up
using the package), but I'm hoping that between hitting
every-other-ish release and having everything contributed back to the
community coverage will be at least decent.

Of course, our eventual (selfish) goal is to get all of this folded
into the release process proper, but that... will have to
wait.</evilmastermind>  I agree with Noah, though - I think that
having easy-to-find binary packages will help with adoption rates
among people that are trying to quickly evaluate a number of products
in the space.  Baby steps!

Eli (wickedgrey on IRC)

View raw message