couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Wenk <a...@nms.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 1.6.0-rc.1
Date Mon, 17 Feb 2014 10:49:25 GMT
On 17 February 2014 11:25, Dirkjan Ochtman <dirkjan@ochtman.nl> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 8:51 PM, Dirkjan Ochtman <dirkjan@ochtman.nl>
> wrote:
> > On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 3:44 PM, Dave Cottlehuber <dch@jsonified.com>
> wrote:
> >> However I don't think we have a successful `make distcheck` on FreeBSD
> >> 10 yet
> >
> > This sounds like reason to hold off, if someone steps up to fix it? If
> > not, I should probably just go ahead.
>
> Any comments on this? Can anyone with access to FreeBSD step up? Do we
> want to not support FreeBSD 10 on our 1.6 release? We need some
> movement here.

afaik we supported FreeBSD 10 with earlier versions. Droppping the support
with 1.6 (even when it would just be for a short time) is not what we
should do. As Dave stated, he will not be able to work on a fix until
March. But maybe Alex can find time to do some work.

I am -1 of dropping the BSD support but +1 to first fix it.

Cheers

Andy

--
Andy Wenk