couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Wenk <a...@nms.de>
Subject Re: Marketing suggestion
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2014 09:03:49 GMT
On 3 February 2014 08:42, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 2, 2014 at 3:16 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Ashley,
>>
>> Wrt marketing plans: yes, but half way between my head, and my private
>> notes. Unfortunately, my private notes also contain things from
>> private conversations with people. Major mistake on my part. Apologies
>> to the community.
>>
>> I've just sent an email giving a few people notice that I plan to
>> start moving things over to the wiki. Hopefully over the next week or
>> so I can get all of our existing marketing ideas in a communal space
>> so we can start to discuss it.
>>
>> As for the marketing@ list: great. So what we'll do now is wait
>> another day or two. If nobody objects, we can make the list. (This is
>> how we make most of our decisions on the project.
>>

> I am not sure it's a good idea to have a marketing list. Marketing should
> be linked to dev and vice-versa . It's important that marketing follows dev
> discussion and that dev follows and interact with the marketing. Having 2
> mailing-lists will create a disconnection. Which is good path to the
> failure in tech. Also due to the low volumes of mails on @dev this
> shouldn't be a problem.
>
> - benoit

hm ... I understand exactly what you mean and I agree, if we would speak of
a company with different big departments here. But in our project I think
it is totally ok that we have two different lists and the people who are
strongly interested in both parts should subscribe both lists. The
advantage imho is to not flood the dev@ list with unrelated stuff ...

--
Andy Wenk
Hamburg - Germany