couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Wenk <a...@nms.de>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] ubuntu precise couchdb packages available
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2014 12:35:43 GMT
On 13 February 2014 13:22, Dave Cottlehuber <dch@jsonified.com> wrote:

> On 13 February 2014 11:17, Robert Samuel Newson <rnewson@apache.org>
> wrote:
> > Excellent work! How painful would a Debian build be?
> >
> > B.
>
> A better question would be "should this be updated by the debian
> packagers, or do we go the whole hog and roll our own debian repo?"
>
> I can't answer that myself. But given there's no upstart support in
> debian, I'm not sure we are significantly better off with our own one.
> What's the Right Thing To Do here?

asfaik the Debian release process is really long ... the page here

https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=couchdb

shows, that CouchDB 1.2 is stable and CouchDB 1.4 is testing. So how long
will it take to get 1.5 or even 1.6 into stable? Long! So I suggest to get
in touch with the maintainer and see what his thoughts are on the topic of
upgrading to a newer version. But I guess the process will still take very
long ...

please correct me if I am wrong

> > On 13 Feb 2014, at 10:16, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> >> Also, let's get this put on the website.

> Done with Noah & Andy's eagle-eyed assistance - thanks!
>
> A+
> Dave

we have also added a link in the download section here:
http://couchdb.apache.org/#download

Cheers

Andy
--