couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Query Server Tests
Date Mon, 17 Feb 2014 10:14:40 GMT
Hi all,

I spent my Sunday hack time on extracting our rather hidden and little-exercised query server
tests (https://github.com/apache/couchdb/blob/master/test/view_server/query_server_spec.rb)
into a standalone project as well as porting it to node, to finally get rid of our Ruby dependency
there.

I’ve only got the basic framework and two tests ported yet, but it should be all set up
to be filled in with the rest of the tests. Any help on the legwork there would be appreciated
:)

The basic idea is that we a) shed the tests for the erlang query server, as we should move
them into the etap tests and b) make this a custom project, so other query-server implementations
have an easier time testing. I hope we can maintain this at the ASF git as the `couchdb-test-couchjs`
repo (bikesheds welcome).

The project is here: https://github.com/janl/couchdb-test-couchjs

Tests are written like this: https://github.com/janl/couchdb-test-couchjs/blob/master/lib/tests/map.js

If you like to help and get stuck, let me know, I’m happy to help and I’d love some help
on this :)

Hope you like this!

Best
Jan