couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Samuel Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Review Board
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2014 16:18:59 GMT
Contributors can still contribute patch files via JIRA as we’ve done for many years, no reason
to change that.

Using github pull requests is for the day-to-day core development team to move quickly while
still reviewing what we do. Every useful output of that effort will land in our git repository
(the fixes / features themselves) or the mailing list (the review comments).

I share your general concern about depending on non-ASF infrastructure, but in this case it
is transient (github can go offline or out of business after we’ve merged pull requests
to git-wip-us without affecting us) and replaceable with some effort. I’ve seen Gerrit a
bit and I like it, fwiw.

World-weary comments like "And I am tired none pay attention to such detail" is neither constructive
nor fair, it would be nice to conduct at least one discussion on dev@ without them.

B.