couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benjamin Young <byo...@bigbluehat.com>
Subject Re: [MARKETING] Twitter, LinkedIn, etc
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2014 16:15:41 GMT
On 2/11/14, 9:27 PM, Ashley Parkes wrote:
> Hi and sorry I've disappeared for a week! However, having looked into the structure of
Apache projects and the fact that Apache itself already has a LinkedIn page, I've revised
my position on creating a company page. Is there any way to contact the administrator of the
Apache LinkedIn page and ask them to create a "Showcase" page for CouchDB? That's more what
we're looking for I think- it's basically an offshoot of a company page- and it highlights
the project's association with Apache, which seems beneficial.

Welcome back, Ashley. :)

I'm beginning to think that we don't want a group on LinkedIn at all and
would be best served by this Product "Showcase" item Ashley brings up as
well as posting links/info ourselves when available--sharing new Apache
Blog-level announcements on LinkedIn, twitter, etc.

LinkedIn Groups, though, haven't ever seemed to "work" for me or past
companies I've tried them with.

So...
+1 for the Product approach on LinkedIn
and...
+1 for sharing stuff ourselves in all the venues we can + encouraging
others to do the same.