couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Samuel Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [REQUEST] Mailing list moderators
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2014 14:54:54 GMT

To reduce the burden of moderation, can we not reject messages from those not subscribed,
with instructions on how to subscribe? I hear you that you’d rather not do so, but I think
it’s reasonable. If the volume of false negatives is much lower, more folks might elect
to become moderators. I know I get (unasked-for) moderation emails from one of our lists,
and they’re always spam).

B.

On 3 Feb 2014, at 14:39, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:

> Usually people who are not subscribed from some reason. These are
> important mails that need to be let through. Whether legitimate users
> who forgot to subscribe, or Apache members who are notifying us of
> things. Occasionally, someone from a company like Cloudant replies to
> thread which may have made it to an internal list. Stuff like that.
>

> On 3 February 2014 15:23, Robert Samuel Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:
>> Noah,
>>
>> The 1 in 10 that need letting through are for folks sending from outside or folks
that are subscribed but triggered a spam filter?

>> B.
>>
>> On 3 Feb 2014, at 14:16, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> We have moderators. I am fed up of moderating them. I want to know
>>> there are other people available to do this. Thanks for the people
>>> who've volunteered so far. I'll add people in a few days.
>>>
>>> About 1 in 10 emails are valid and need letting through.

So you