couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Kocoloski <kocol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Git Repository Creation
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2014 14:12:42 GMT
On Jan 21, 2014, at 9:00 AM, Dave Cottlehuber <dch@jsonified.com> wrote:

>> On 21. Jänner 2014 at 10:20:58, Paul Davis (paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com) wrote:
>> As to bigcouch/rcouch conflicts its something we'll need to
>> figure out
>> for sure. I don't really see much point in trying to create
>> bigcouch/rcouch specific branches for the initial import though.
>> I did
>> include bigcouch merge related patches on both of couch and
>> couch_replicator cause I was worried about the history extraction.
>>
>> The "proper" approach I think is to go back and reset each repo
>> to the
>> equivalent commit pointed at by the merge-rebase-target tag
>> and then
>> we should create branches 1843-feature-bigcouch and 1994-merge-rcouch
>> branches in each repo where we have conflicts. Once that's done
>> we can
>> focus on the actual conflicts to see where we need to work on merging
>> actual code changes. The important part here is to have a common
>> history for each sub-repo we agree on that is the initial import
>> and
>> then we can focus on the merge work at hand.
>>
>> For the upstream repos I need to add some more work to those to
>> reflect changes that we've made since march of this year when
>> we
>> started the bigcouch merge. I definitely agree that we should
>> be
>> pushing our changes upstream so that these are as close to raw
>> mirrors
>> as possible. The ibrowse and mochiweb branches were direct from
>> upstream repos and I think I pulled oauth from the rcouch repo.
>> The
>> mochiweb commit was super old but ibrowse was relatively close.
>> I know
>> we've changed things here recently and we'll want to get as much
>> of
>> that upstream as possible.
>>
>> I'm going to be digging back into this work at the end of the week
>> or
>> early next week. Let me know if you find anything else that needs
>> be addressed.
>>

> WRT to Mochiweb, moving to a later upstream requires us to drop < R15B compatibility
I think. rcouch is ok with current Erlang, what is your opinion wrt to bigcouch?

> --
> Dave Cottlehuber
> Sent from my PDP11

We've not run in production using the current Erlang.  I think jiffy needs a small update
to make sure it yields properly to avoid the issues with the scheduler collapse issues that
have plagued R15 and R16.

It's a bit awkward if there's no release of mochiweb that bridges the gap.

Adam