couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <...@jsonified.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 1.6.0-rc.1
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2014 11:05:48 GMT
On 21 January 2014 20:50, Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@apache.org> wrote:
> Dear community,
>
> After taking a little over a month to work out some issues, I would
> finally like to release Apache CouchDB 1.6.0-rc.1.
>
> Changes since last round:
>
>  * https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=couchdb.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/1.6.x

> artefacts so that any critical issues can be resolved before the
> release is made. Everyone is free to vote on this release, so get
> stuck in!
>
> The release artefacts we are voting on are available here:
>
>     wget https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/1.6.0/rc.1/apache-couchdb-1.6.0.tar.gz
>     wget https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/1.6.0/rc.1/apache-couchdb-1.6.0.tar.gz.asc
>     wget https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/1.6.0/rc.1/apache-couchdb-1.6.0.tar.gz.ish
>     wget https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/1.6.0/rc.1/apache-couchdb-1.6.0.tar.gz.md5
>     wget https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/1.6.0/rc.1/apache-couchdb-1.6.0.tar.gz.sha
>
> Please follow the test procedure here:
>
>     http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Test_procedure
>
> Please remember that "rc.1" is an annotation. If the vote passes,
> these artefacts will be released as Apache CouchDB 1.6.0.
>
> Please cast your votes now.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dirkjan

\o/ thanks Dirkjan!

-1 due to replication test failure, let's see if we can find a
solution for that.

OK: sha, md5
OK: sig valid
OK: git diff with source tree

Windows 7 EN x64
Erlang/OTP R14B04
OK - verify install ok, snappy NIFs ok, futon tests fine too

FreeBSD 10.0 x64:
Erlang R16B02:
FAIL - 04-replication-large-atts.t

OS X 10.9.1 x64
Erlang R16B03, R15B03-1
FAIL - 04-replication-large-atts.t
I can't test on R14B04 anymore as kerl won't build it without gcc AFAICT.

Overall I am -1 on the replication test, but totally bamboozled why
this should fail.

A+
Dave