couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <...@jsonified.com>
Subject Re: Git Repository Creation
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2014 12:58:54 GMT
On 22 January 2014 13:23, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 12:41 PM, Robert Samuel Newson
> <rnewson@apache.org>wrote:
>
>> Benoit,
>>
>> Cloudant requires R14 support, it would mean our contribution to couchdb
>> becomes useless to us and we could not contribute further.
>>

> Are you using blackmail? Is this the position of the Cloudant company?

Hi Benoit,

Your comment reads like an ad hominem attack, and I don't think Bob's
point, nor Bob, nor Cloudant, deserved that.

The issues wrt to scheduler collapse are well known, and the concern
around stability under heavy load with NIFs is still valid. R16B02+
have not been out so long that anybody has made pronouncements about
considering it solved, unless I missed something.

I'll see if I can sum up the thread so far separately, we have made
some good points there.

A+
Dave